Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dare to Share Link Up: When I Grow Up

Morning, everyone! I've been thinking a lot about careers lately. Careers and jobs and dreams. When I was a little girl, I wanted to work with animals more than anything on the planet. If someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would reply confidently, "A vet or a zookeeper!" That dream didn't quite manifest itself. As I got older, it transformed into a dream of becoming a writer. And I am a writer...kind of. But that isn't what I do for a living. It isn't what keeps food on the table for my family. One day, I hope it will, but for now, I'm working a job, and in my spare time, working on my dreams.

This week for the Dare to Share Link Up I'd like you to link to a post about your dream job, what you wanted to be when you grew up as a child...what you want to be now. Tell us about your dreams and how you're going to make them come true. This post can be old or new, fiction or nonfiction, poetry or prose. All that I ask in return is that you grab a button from our sidebar and try to visit and thoughtfully comment on at least three other posts.







By the way, after this week's Dare to Share Link Up is complete, we're going to be randomly choosing a link up participant to be our "Writer of the Week." For a week, your blog button and url will appear in the list of links at the top of the page, as well as in our right-hand column. Plus, we will promote you and your blog on our facebook and twitter pages throughout the week. Good luck!

No comments: