Friday, March 23, 2012

Flicker of Inspiration Prompt #43: Listen

Listen.

Did you hear anything? Maybe. I'm not with you so I can't say for sure.

I'm not asking a lot from you all this week. In fact, I'll do you a favor. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started; that blank screen in front of you with the little line, mocking you with its incessant blinking. Well I'm going to deface your blank screen and give you an unblank canvas to work from.

The first word of your post for Flicker of Inspiration this week is "Listen."

I'm suggesting this because I just finished Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five. I recommend that book, I can recommend no other book so highly as I recommend that one. As occasionally happens when I'm in the middle of a book, the creative centers of my being have been preempted and overtaken by Vonnegut this week. All the same, it occurs to me that we haven't yet offered a prompt that simply gives you a start and lets you go from there. We'll start mixing those in from time to time, eh? And if anyone has requests, an older prompt you'd like to have revived and reimagined, or something new you'd like to suggest, we are of course open to all such suggestions.

The linkup is Sunday! Come on back and link up then!