Sunday, September 4, 2011

Linkup and Flicker of Inspiration Prompt #15: September

Hey, y'all! Do I detect a hint of Fall in the air this weekend? Yeah, yeah. It may still be 95 degrees here in Georgia, but I can always daydream, right? It's been a long, hot summer (thanks, William Faulkner), and a little Fall is just what the doctor ordered.

Anyway! Below is the link up for our "Talk it Out" prompt from last week. When my husband and I were first talking about this prompt, I must admit I wasn't too excited about it. But I actually enjoyed coming up with a story for the prompt, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what direction everyone took their responses in. I love the diversity and creativity of our community. You guys do with the prompts just what I want you to do. You take them in your own surprising and interesting directions, and I love that!

So, here are the steps for participation:

1) Link up your response to the "Talk it Out" prompt below. The linky is available through Wednesday, so don't fret if your response isn't ready yet, and remember to come back and check things out between now and Wednesday.

2) Try to visit and thoughtfully comment on at least three other posts in the linky. Your encouragement and support of each other has been amazing so far! Thank you so much!

3) If you have the opportunity, grab a button, tweet about the link up, or "like" us on Facebook, anything to spread the word and help our community grow.






And now for your next "assignment" :)

Flicker of Inspiration Prompt #15: September

This week I'd like you to focus on one thing: September. What does this month mean to you? What does the season it represents mean to you? Is September just a month, or could it be the name of a character? Will you write a memory or a story? An ode to Autumn, perhaps? I don't care what you write, as long as you use the word "September" in some way. It can be mentioned in passing or the entire theme of your post. And for a little extra inspiration, here's a lovely quote:

"September: it was the most beautiful of words, he’d always felt, evoking orange-flowers, swallows, and regret." - Alexander Theroux, 1981